Saturday, February 28, 2009

A week of pure RELAXING

This past week Spencer and I both took off work and went to the Forsberg Cabin. It was absolutely wonderful!! Here is a LONG post of the entire week:
Saturday Morning: We left Sierra Vista and went to the Temple. We got to do sealings which are always amazing. That afternoon we went to my dear friend Kristal's coed bridal shower. That night we headed up to the Forsberg's for a Big Birthday Party.
Sunday Morning: We went to our old ward. (my in-laws ward too) I Loved it! It was ward conference so I got to listen to my father in law speak. He always does a great job. Then in Relief Society my mother in law gave a great lesson. I think what I really really loved about church is it was in English! That afternoon we left Phoenix and went to Flagstaff (Munds Park) to stay the week at the cabin.

It was BEAUTIFUL!! This is the "stream" that runs through the gold course.

Monday: We slept in!!! Then spent the day in Flagstaff. We went shopping, to lunch, and to the movies.

Tuesday: We slept in!!! Played in the snow. Went on a Ranger Ride. Worked on my quilt while Spencer did school work.

Spencer driving the Ranger. All the dirt trails were closed off because of all the snow.

Wednesday: We Slept in!! Went on a long walk. Went on more Ranger Rides! Played Soccer, cards, and more games!
This was melted snow running down the creek.This is a lake that we walked to. It was Frozen!

Thursday: We Slept in!! Went to the park and ate ice cream. Played soccer and then later that Afternoon my Mother in law, Father in law, Brother in law, and his 3 boys, and my Sister in law with her son all came up to the cabin. That night we went to Sedona and ate all you can eat king crab!! It was fun and we enjoyed each others company! That night we went back to Phoenix and then left really early Friday morning. I had to work and Spencer had school work.
This is Spencer's favorite restaurant! I would have to admit it is YUMMY!
Spencer eating his Crab!!
Little Spencer, Keith, Hunter, and Tanner (above)
Jessica eating her crab. (below)Grand-Dad enjoying his crab
The Dinner Party

Saturday: I spent the day with my Sister Allison. We left early this morning and went to Tucson. We spent a good couple of hours at the cannery. Yeah for food storage! Then we headed to Costco! We ate lunch and spent money:)
If you read this entire thing you can tell we had a WONDERFUL week! It was the first time Spencer and I have been on a trip alone since we had been married. It was great!

10 comments:

russandkatie said...

sounds like you guys had some much need relaxation!!!

larissa said...

glad you enjoyed your little vacation on my side of the state! it sure is nice up this way.

Gina Lee said...

How fun! I wish Kameron and I could get away. Enjoy it now while you can, and do it more often. Looks like you had fun. We need to plan a trip to meet up in Pinetop for the weekend. A weekend away with you guys would be so fun!!

P.s. Whats sleeping in to you? 8?? And then there is Spencer who is worse at sleeping in then you!! But hey, I guess sleeping in is sleeping in.

laurdacooj said...

what a fun trip!! Yea for you guys to get away!!!

Mary Anne said...

i love how each day started out with "we slept in!!!" you are so cute. and did you know that i went to the spanish branch last week? i swear every time i go you're out of town! are you secretly hiding from me :) okay so i'm just glad you had a good time and got some good relaxation in. everyone deserves that every once in a while!

Steph and Keith said...

Marlee, I didn't know you were so good a scenic photography!:) Glad you guys could give everyone a good excuse to go up to the cabin! The boys and Keith had a great time!

Kara said...

Sounds like the perfect week! I love those!!!

Flint and Jan said...

Marlee-
I love you! I got the best e-mail ever the other day!!! I love snowmen!
JAN

The Graham Crackers said...

ok, so you slept in a lot, played in the snow, & relaxed, but you didn't come see us???? I just don't know what to say.....jk! I'm glad you guys got to get away and have fun, everyone needs time like that. You guys are awesome! :)

Tyler and Bryna said...

I missed not seeing you this weekend!! I saw spencer but he's just not you!!! How's volleyball going? are you loving it? how are you feeling these days?