(warning: the worlds longest post)
We headed to Sand Diego Thursday morning at 5am. This was the first long (8 hrs) road trip Madison has ever taken. She was wonderful. We stopped a few times to get gas, change diapers, and eat.
As soon as we got to San Diego we signed in the hotel and headed straight to Sea World. I LOVED it!!
The first thing we did was go to the Shamu Show. Let's be honest... if you have been there you would agree... it's AMAZING!!! These animals are HUGE. Much to my husband and brother-in-laws dismay I saved seats in the "Soak" zone. We didn't get wet but I had fun doing the "splash" sign. (One of Spencer's favorite parts of the trip... because I was one of the only adults really getting in to it... haha)
This was at the "Pet's Rule" show. It was so cute! We were so impressed with what they can teach these animals. (Boomer we have a lot to train you to do... someday)
The Sharks were also a hit. You walk under in a tunnel and they swim over your head. Spencer was able to catch a few really cool shots.
Inside the Shark tunnel
This was the Sea Lion, Manatee Show. It was funny! I think I liked it because they told jokes that I could get with out someone having to explain them. (doesn't happen often)
After a fun after noon of Sea World we went to dinner right on the peir. It was SO SO yummy. Thanks Aunt Jan for the suggestion!

The next morning we got up, all went for a run and then headed to the zoo. Another place I LOVED! We all did, but I am such a little kid and get so excited about these things! We had fun looking at all the strange, some familiar animals. I loved how close you could get to the animals. (much like the Tucson zoo, but bigger) We also went on the bus tour all around the park!
Amanda and Paige enjoying the fish and the hippos.
The Giant Panda
Walking around the park. They said it takes about 4 hours to walk the entire park without much stopping. We spent 8 hours there and we never sat down except to eat lunch! (Does Spencer look tired? He was starving! haha don't worry we were on our way to eat)After lunch....

Paige so excited to show me what a monkey does.
This was probably our favorite thing at the zoo. This HUGE gorilla was super active and put on a show for us to watch.
After we headed over to mission beach for some yummy pizza and frozen yogurt. We walked the beach and Amanda decided to get in. haha We had fun watching the sun set and the surfers.
Yep... then Saturday we went back to Sea World. We spent another entire day there. You better believe we went to Shamu's show again!
How awesome!! I loved the theme of the show and of course all the tricks!
Madi was exhausted!!
Paige, Amanda, and Spencer playing with the Manta Rays. I've seen real sting rays in the wild.... these ones were monsters!
Haha... What a good sport! I made Spencer go on Ship Wreck with me... if you look close we are soaked!! I couldn't believe how wet we got. It was a little cold after but I thought it was totally worth it. (We were like the only ones that did NOT have ponchos. Spence asked the girl with us if she could share... she just laughed. I don't think she even understood English)
Isn't she cute!! She was in her stroller the entire time unless we could take the strollers in. She was so content and happy!! Even though she really didn't have a clue what was going on, she loved watching everything.
After Sea World we went over to the Temple. I LOVE the San Diego temple. I bet a lot of you could relate! We were planning on doing a session that morning but found out it was closed. We were so bummed because we've never been inside expect for baptisms. I'm sure many of you are like us... when we go on trips we go see the temple's but often times run out of time to go inside. We wanted to change that this time. bummer!!
Thanks Spencer for such a wonderful Christmas present!! We had a fun time! Now we have had to get back to real life! That's always hard! It's kinda sad when your big trips are over because you always look forward to them!! I can't wait for our next one.... when???
4 comments:
we were sooo tired after going to the san diego zoo and we were only there for half a day!!!
it looks like you guys had a blast!
What a great idea for Christmas! We're hoping to go to the Lunt reunion but I think it might be the same time that Rick's family has theirs...hopefully not.
Wow! Looks and sounds like you had an AWESOME time! I'm so glad the weather worked out for you guys! :)
Post a Comment