Okay, so when we moved to Sierra Vista we managed to not lose anything. (it's not like we had tons) BUT I managed to misplace these blankets. We looked ALL over! We searched My Parents, Spencer's Parents house and they were gone! Well last night they were discovered again! Spencer decided to look through a few boxes that were in the garage that were labeled...."Spencer's Stuff." I never unloaded all of them because some were just random stuff he wanted to keep. I asked him to go through them and look what showed up!!! I was SOOO excited!


To a lot of you, your thinking they are just blankets, but they're not! The first one all of my high school miscellaneous t-shirts. I had just finished that before we moved. I never even got to use it. Plus it has lots of fun memories. The second one my Mom made for me for Christmas. I had never go to use it either. The cool thing about this jean quilt is... the jeans are my grandpa's (from both sides), my Daddy's jeans, and mine from growing up! I LOVE IT!!! Anyways, as you can tell I am so excited that Spencer found them!! YEAH!!
7 comments:
What cute ideas for quilts! A great way to preserve memories! I'm glad you found them. I'm actually thinking of copying you on the high school shirt quilt...there are TONS of shirts that I've kept around, but won't ever use again....but I still want to preserve them somehow! A quilt would be something fun and useful!
I have a t-shirt quilt and LOVE it!! And I think the jean quilt is just SO cute!! Glad you found them again!!
I am so glad the quilts turned up. I have gone over in my mind so many times your moving day to the storage unit and I just could not figure out how they got lost from the time you showed them to me and the time you moved into your house. I have even continued to look around here as I have gone through some things in the basement--just in case they got left behind. I have felt so bad that they seemed to have vanished. Thank goodness Spencer is obedient and started to look through the boxes when you asked him. One of Dad's boxes of things--the few that he has--has sat in his closet for three years and he is going to look at it when he has time. We all missed you Marlee at the cabin. Thanks for letting Spencer come. Hope he had fun along with all the work he did helping us re-locate.
yeah I am glad you found them. momwas starting to feel bad b/c she thought you lost them at her house.
I love the quilts! I've been wanting to make one for Garrick out of his old baseball t-shirts...except I don't know how to quilt. Maybe you can help me when we're living next door to you in a few months. :) (i'm teasing by the way, I wouldn't make you help me!)
I love those quilts. I am so not a crafty person, but I wish I was. Hopefully people will make quilts/blankets for my kids because I can't at all!
Post a Comment