How many of you like Sushi? Well I have had it about 5 times in my life. I LOVED it! The last time I had it was like 2 years ago. Spencer doesn't really care to much for it so we never have gone out to eat it. Well recently I have been really craving some. Spencer being the amazing husband he is took me out to a Sushi bar for lunch. I couldn't wait until it was lunch time. Well when I got the menu I didn't know what any of the sushi was. I had never really ordered it myself. I didn't know what kind I had in the past, but that was what I wanted. I made a quick call to my brother (who loves sushi) asked him for assistance. He recommended many kinds of sushi and rolls. I ordered a little variety. When I got my plate there were some interesting things on it. (no not the sauces) I asked the waitress what it was she replied that is the sushi you ordered. I was so confused. This didn't look like any sushi I had ever had before. Spencer instantly began laughing out loud hard!! When he caught his breath his comment was, "Enjoy your meal. I new you didn't like sushi, You don't like cooked fish." I did like sushi all the other times I had it. I was so confused. I kept seeing plates go by with sushi that looked like the kind I had before. Finally I asked the waitress what kind did that other person had. She replied those are rolls. Spencer began laughing AGAIN!
That day I realized that there was a difference between tuna sushi, and a tuna role, or what other people know it as real sushi and fake sushi. I guess I like the fake sushi. (the roles) I ordered those and they were GREAT!! Spencer really enjoyed laughing at me and telling everyone at work the story.
8 comments:
that's pretty funny! I would say I like the fake sushi too--not the real stuff! We'll miss you this weekend!
that is so dang funny! i wish i was there to laugh with spencer at you! ah alwasy need a good laugh and i definitly got that last night thanks! bunko was fun! we will get the hang of it!
Just go to my blog and check out old posts. You'll see how much I LOVE Sushi!! I'm in the same boat. Cliff hates it. I could eat it for every meal.
I do have to say, rolls are sushi still. Probably not extreme sushi, but it's still sushi.
I like the rolls too!
haha that is funny. I like the 'fake sushi rolls' too! My fav is the California roll. I'm a safe sushi lover. :0)
That great. I don't like real sushi either. I remember I tried it down in Hawaii with Aubrey and about vomited. NASTY!! NASTY!! THe rolls aren't my most favorite thing in the world but when Garet gets them I"ll eat them with him. Did you taste the stuff you ordered? Was it like eating raw oysters down in rocky point?
oh that's too funny...I love sushi too! can't wait til I can eat it again...I never knew the difference either! I've always gone with people who knew what they were doing too. I'll have to keep this story in mind for the future...i'm glad you got it all figured out!
Post a Comment