Thursday, September 17, 2009

Week Run Down......

Warning: I am about to make a LONG post!! A lot has happened here in our home.

We were lucky to have Nana here for the delivery and she got to stay the weekend. Friday night Madison got to meet her Aunt Katie, Aunt Jessica, and cousin Carter. They drove down from Phoenix for the weekend to see little Madi. It was fun to have them here and I enjoyed their help and company. We miss them! She also got to meet a lot of her Haymore Aunts and Uncles and cousins: Amanda, Garet, and Paige, Allison, Landon, Teagen, and Kade, Kara, Garrick, Rylee, and Jayden, Justin and Taylor, Ron, Camille, Jordan, and Megan.
Nana and Madison
Aunt Katie and Madison
Carter, Aunt Jessica, and Madison
Aunt Amanda and Madison
Sunday was the first day it was just our little family. Spencer had meetings that morning and didn't get home until that evening. We had lots of visitors and loved it. With each visitor she had on different clothes because she pooped through 4 out fits. That afternoon we went to grandma's and ate dinner.
Kade got to hold Madison on Sunday (doesn't he look excited, I love it)
one of the three outfits I got to wear that day (love those nasty diapers)
Monday Spencer went back to school!! We were so sad!!! We text all day and i sent him TONS of pictures so her didn't feel like he missed out on to much. He is such a good Daddy. When Spence got to work they had his desk decorated with lots of baby stuff. It was so cute and very nice. It made him a little happier to be at work. Madison and I just hung out at home. She got to meet Bryna, Cole, and Aunt Del Ann. She was a great girl all day and was very excited to see her Dad when he got home.
Tuesday Madison was a week old!! We can't believe it. She has been so much fun! We have enjoyed playing with her and just loving every second we get with her. She doesn't like to sleep much at night, (she has her nights and days mixed up )but is getting so much better. In fact, last night she only got up once and is still sleeping its 9am. (It makes me kinda nervous)

She had also had her one week check up. She lost weight (6.1lbs: born weighing 7.2lbs) and grew (20.5in: born 19inches) They expected her to lose weight because, first it's normal and second the first 2 days of her life she only had clear liquids and just peed it out. Now that she is breastfeeding she should start gaining weight.
We also gave Madison her first bath, (besides a little sponge bath) as you can tell she wasn't a huge fan!
Happy Anniversary!!! Wednesday was Spencer and I's 3rd anniversary. It was great!
My morning started with my Mom and Amanda coming over. My Mom cleaned my bathrooms, swept my floors, vacuumed my house, did laundry, and watered my plants. Amanda took care of Madison. She even painted her nails. They look so cute.
Thanks Amanda!!!
Spencer got to come home for lunch which is always a treat. Madison also got to meet her Aunt Karisa and cousins Karlie, and Jaycie.
That night Spencer arranged for us to go to dinner and my sister Allison watched Madison. We ate at Texas Road House. I was craving those rolls. We ate fast and hurried back to Madison. It was weird for us to be with out her. They said she was really easy and good. In fact I don't think they even had to get her out of the car seat.
At Allison's house when we came to pick up Madison. Kade informed me that he babysat her and she was "dood" AKA good.

I doubt we will leave her again until we go to Phantom of the Opera. That's right... For our anniversary Spencer got tickets!! I am so excited. We are in like row 20!! He spoils me rotten! Thanks Babe, I love you so much!!!
We really love everything about this little girl! We are so blessed to have her in our home. We love you Madison!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

i LOVE the outfit with the blue headband!! Let me know if you want us to watch Madison while you guys go to Phantom. We would LOVE it.

Flint and Jan said...

I LOVE all the outfits and hair bows!!!! She is so cute! I can't wait to met her! Tell her that her FAVORITE GREAT AUNT Jan is come see her ASAP!!!

The Clawson's said...

That was a great post! She really is a beautiful girl! We went to Texas Roadhouse like 4 or 5 days after Brod was born too! Well, when I'm all the way better I wanna come see that cutie!

The Seiuli's said...

Happy Anniversary! Time flies doesn't it? It is weird to leave without the baby huh? It's a good thing to have dates though. But the whole time I feel really anxious, it will get better as she gets older I'm sure. I'm jealous you are going to see Phantom, that's exciting. Good work Spencer.

Garet and Amanda said...

I love this post. But don't really like the picture of me holding Madi. I could have posed for you and taken a better picture. I need to send the pictures i have of Paige and Madi. Marlee I love you and am so happy for you that you get to be a mother. Enjoy her. They really grow fast. But every stage is so much fun!!! When are you going to phantom? Garet asked me...."How does Spencer find out about the shows?"

taytum said...

Your baby is SO dang cute! And I don't give compliments just to give them....I really mean them.

She is WAY cute!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie she is! Love all the outfits! We can't wait to meet her...Carley is here by me and says she loves Madi the most! You both make great parents...oh and by the way...so sorry we forgot your anniversary! Happy 3rd!<33

Aston Family said...

Marlee--- I found your blog through another blog!! Soo crazy!! Congrats on your newest addition!! She is adorable!! Our blog is spencandjen.blogspot.com!! Hope we can keep in touch better now! I'm glad you are doing great! -Jenny Aston

Mom+Girls said...

She is so cute!!! I love her already, and I cant wait to see you and Madison at church. Please feel free to call me if you need anything, I know you have your family, but I can still help out.
Also, I love taking pictures of little babies, so let me know if you need any help with new born pictures or I also have a cute great phothographer that can take cute pictures!!!