Sunday, September 13, 2009

A true Blessing

Monday (Labor Day) was my actual due date for our sweet Madison. My side of the family always has a Huge reunion that day. This was the first year in my entire life I missed it. Spencer and I stayed home and got a lot of work done. We were hoping that something would happen and Madison would come soon!! I taught water aerobics that morning and cleaned house. I felt great! Spencer kept telling me to relax for a second and so I went and relaxed on my bed. When I went to get out of bed all the sudden water comes out like a waterfall! Spencer came rushing in as I was yelling, "Spencer come here! I am not peeing my pants but I can't stop it from coming out either." When he came in the room all we could do was laugh! The bed was wet and I was just standing there really WET. We new exactly what it was. I wasn't having any contractions that I could tell so we decided to go for a walk and see what would happen. As far as I new nothing had changed, I still felt normal. We went and got a bite to eat and stopped by my sister house. (just waiting!!!) When we came home I called Stephanie (a good friend that is a midwife)to see what to do. She came over and checked me. I was 3cm and about 80%. since I wasn't in pain we decided it would be a good idea to just go to bed and get some rest while I could. At first I couldn't fall asleep because I was so excited! I new as soon as I fell asleep I would start having contractions in the middle of the night and have to head in to the hospital. Every time I would get up to use the bathroom, I was hoping it was time. Before I new it, it was morning. I still didn't feel any different. I called my Mom to get some advice and then decided to call the Doctor to give him the update. As soon as I told him my water broke last night he said "Go straight to the hospital. It's already been over 12 hours. Your baby is at risk for an infection."
Spencer and I both jumped in the shower and left not knowing what was going to happen. We got the hospital and just asked for a labor check. When the nurse checked me she said, "Your still dilated at a 0." WHAT??? Spencer was quick to tell her that was impossible since the Dr. told me last week I was at a 2. The nurse tried again and had to move my uterus around (it's turned wrong) then she said "Oh, I was wrong, your at a 4 and 90%." I was so mad... I asked if I could go home and walk to speed it up. I DIDN"T want to be in the hospital long at all!! My plan was to go in when I was an 8 or something. she informed me that my doctor called and told them I was coming and that I needed my amniotic fluid checked. Sure enough my water had broken... no amniotic fluid. She said we are going to admit you and start on patocin. I was so NOT excited about the idea, but new I had to. I was admitted around 9:45 and everything started to take place. At 11:00 I started feeling tightening, my contractions were coming. the nurse came and checked me I was at 5. Their goal was a centimeter every hour.Things progressed and she was born September 8, 2009 @ 5:20. She weighted 7lbs 2 oz and was 19 inches long.

Here she is!! I did get to hold her as soon as she was born before they cleaned her up. (while Spencer cut the umbilical cord)

We could have two people at a time to see her. Thanks Nana and Granddad for making it down for the delivery and sharing this awesome experience with us!

It was so bitter to sweet to see my little princess look like this! I just wanted to hold her in my arms and comfort her. I hated all the cords and needles! She didn't deserve it! Spencer and my Mom were able to be with her as they hooked her up to everything, Spence hated them making his daughter cry. (this is before they hooked her up to oxygen)
This was an emotion experience for me. This was the first time I actually got to hold and cuddle my little Madison. She still had all the cords so we were extra careful. I got to start feeding her that night. I was so excited. I would just feed her and cry thanking Heavenly Father for letting me have such a perfect little angel.

After 2 days they let family members hold her in the nursery. Grandma Haymore couldn't get enough of her.
Finially we got to get her dressed to go home!! She sure loves her Daddy.
Looking at her Daddy. (I love this picture)

It was an amazing experience! It's amazing how you instantly fall in love! Spencer and I feel so blessed to have such a perfect, healthy, and precious baby girl!

15 comments:

Family of Disney said...

Congratulations. Nothing better than a healthy normal baby. I now laugh because I see your title of "Best Day Ever" for your wedding day... any changes? :)

The Clawson's said...

Finally!!! I've been waiting for pictures and a story! She is super cute! And I love her full head of hair! If you guys need anything...let us know!

The Seiuli's said...

Oh I love her!!! She is beautiful! What a doll!!!!

Jana and Brett said...

What a good lookin baby girl! I know that Madison and Aubrey were best friends and wanted to come down together. That's what happened to Brock and his little cousin, Cole. Some people are just kindred spirits, even in Heaven!
She is beautiful Marlee! :0) I'm glad she is home with you safe and sound. Now let the fun begin!!!
(And Dang! I was one day off in the poll! Aw well.)

Our Ohana said...

She is gorgeous Marlee!! Congratulations!!

russ said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! She is beautiful Marlee & Spencer! We are so happy for you guys & can't wait to see her... and you both too:)

Melissa said...

Congratulations! She is so cute. Enjoy!

Larrabee said...

Awww Marlee she is so beautiful, I love all her hair. I am so happy for you and Spencer.

THE POTTLES said...

Hey CONGRATS! I would have started to laugh too when your water broke! I bet it was funny! Anyway that is awesome that you and your baby girl are healthy and are doing good! I love you all and can't wait to see her!

{larissa} said...

marlee I knew you would have a beautiful baby girl. you will be a great mother with all your talents.
i miss you guys!

Jonesfaminaz said...

Congratulations! I almost made Steve call Spencer the other night to get details. I figured you had had her. Thanks for the update. She is beautiful and doesn't even look like a scrunched newborn at all! Just a beautiful little girl! You are going to be awesome parents. Can't wait to meet her someday.

Flint and Jan said...

oh Marlee,
I am so excited for you guys! Congratulations! She is beautiful. There is NOTHING like having a sweet little baby in your home and NOTHING like watching the "magic" little girls have on their daddys! Enjoy every second with her...they grow up so fast!

Mendy said...

Oh my she is beautiful!! Did you ever think you could love someone as much as little Madison?? I hope you are enjoying every second of it! Even though I know your tired as all getout.. its all worth it! I'm so happy for you!!

Kara said...

She is so beautiful and just so dang adorable! I am so mad that I have only seen her once! STUPID COLD!!! I can't wait for it to go away so I can come love on her! Let me know if you need anything! ***I am the closest! ;) (that's my new saying for you guys...haha)

Householder Family said...

Marlee, she is so freaking cute!! isn't it so fun to be a mom. Congrats to you guys.