Monday, September 21, 2009

Madison's best friend...

I never got to meet her but did get to see pictures. They were such good friends they couldn't leave each other in heaven. Aubrey was born the day after Madison, 4 months early. I don't doubt they both came to earth knowing that one was going to be here for such a short while. My sister Amanda gave birth to a beautiful little girl. As I was in labor my Mom kept getting phone calls. I have to admit there was a time when I was thinking, "Mom are you kidding, leave your phone alone." I never did say anything and I am so glad. At that time she was getting phone calls from Amanda, Garet, and Dad. Amanda's water had broken while I was delivering Madison. She never said anything until after Madison had been taking to the nursery. My Mom came in the room... I could tell she had been crying. My heart broke as she began to tell me she loved Madison and was grateful to be here for the delivery but needed to go to Thatcher to help Amanda. Tears began as I was lost for words. Here is Amanda's story I got from her blog:

Aubrey's little feet
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5384073546536128626" />

Last Wednesday our sweet little Aubrey was born 4 months early. Her lungs weren't developed enough to stay in this world. The doctors and nurses weren't sure if our baby was going to have a heartbeat or not at birth. They tried to prepare us for both situations. Our sweet little girl was not born with a heartbeat thus considered a still born child. She weighed 9 oz and was 9 inches long.

Aren't they adorable!! They look like a stamp!


Our Story: My water broke Tuesday afternoon. Garet and I rushed to the emergency room. There we found out that Aubrey's heartbeat remained nice and strong but an ultrasound confirmed that I didn't have very much amniotic fluid left in my body. The doctor wasn't sure if this little amount would be enough to sustain our little girl. He sent me home on bedrest with a referral to see a specialist in Tucson the next day. So the next morning we woke up and drove to Tucson. My mom and dad were with us. The unknown was scary. I was scared of what the future might bring. I already loved this baby that I had been feeling inside me for weeks. I was scared for the child. I was scared for myself. Mom, Dad, and Garet were a great support. I had a prayer in my heart all day. I knew I couldn't do this alone.
They pulled us back and did another ultrasound. I could see that that Aubrey still had a good heartbeat but, I knew something was still wrong. The doctor confirmed my feelings and stated there wasn't ANY amniotic fluid left around the baby. She said the baby couldn't continue to develope properly without the amniotic fluid and that I would have to be induced. If chose not to I would pose great risk to myself for infections and for future pregnancies. I was then admitted to TMC to start the induction. I was so scared, sad and heartbroken.
I continued to feel the baby move at the hospital with the little contractions that I had. Soon the contractions started getting harder and I didn't feel the baby move as much. After 5 hours of labor our sweet little Aubrey was born. She was a beautiful little girl. A little girl that I would not raise at this time, and a little girl that I couldn't take home with me. My heart was broken but when the nurse placed this little girl in my arms I felt at peace. I know that even though I long for her to be with us on earth at this time, I know that I will be able to raise this sweet girl once again. I am grateful for priesthood blessings, grateful for a loving husband, supportive parents, family and friends. I really appreciate all the notes/text messages/phone calls that have been sent our way. I am also grateful for a kind, loving Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ.
I know the next couple weeks/months/year is going to be hard but I know that with the help of my Savior I will be able to get through.

Amanda and Garet have been so strong through out this time. They have loved Madison and have spent a lot of time with our family. I love each of them and little Aubrey. I can't wait to meet her. I am jealous that Madison got to know her better than any of us.

7 comments:

Garet and Amanda said...

I love you Marlee, and would LOVE LOVE for you to come visit us! Little Madison is going to grow so fast and change so much. We need to see her often!!! (You are still planning on going to the cabin in two weeks right?)

russandkatie said...

how amazing! What a sad but sweet story. Your sister is an amazing person!

Jessica said...

thanks for sharing.

Erin said...

I bawled my eyes out reading Amanda's blog, then again while visiting with her, and now while I read what your wrote. It just makes me sad. It is neat though how the girls were there together, I'm sure supporting each other through all of the excitement and sadness. The plan of salvation is wonderful!

taytum said...

Oh that is so sad! I wish stuff like this didn't happen. Your poor sister! And you too, Marlee! You were probably so excited about your baby, but at the same time so sad for your sister and your little niece!

Natalie said...

marlee im seriously in tears for your sister. the same thing happened to my cousin a couple of weeks ago. we were so lucky with duncan,my heart truly goes out to your sister and family.

Mom+Girls said...

Marlee, this is Analia, I got a hold of your blog thru your sister Alison's blog, anyway, I hope you dont mind, I was just wondering how you and little Madison were doing.
I am so sorry about your sister lost, I am so glad to be a member of the LDS Chruch and to have the knollege we have about eternity. Hopw you sister find peace and love during this time!