Yep she is one years old! We had cake and ice cream with the Haymore cousins and opened presents. She figured out a way to open presents with one arm.
She got lots of fun toys to play with a some cute outfits.
Her cake was really YUMMY! I was looking through Mom's cook book and found an easy strawberry cake recipe. It was very moist and good. I made a strawberry cream filling between layers. It was a recipe I will use again.
We played pin the nose on Mickey. Madison was having to much fun playing with her new toys! But her cousin all played and gave us all a laugh. I wasn't planning on Madi playing.

At a ONE years old Madi.....
Still LOVES her Softy (little rabbit blanket thing)
Can swim to the step climb out, get back in and do it over and over (before her arm broke)
Gets so excited to go outside
Enjoys eating REAL food: on her birthday she decided to eat a 1/2 banana, she wouldn't eat them before
Walking: doesn't like to be held much, with her sling on it makes her a little unbalanced!
Playing with kids: She gets so excited when I tell her people are coming over and cries when they leave
Nursing: I planned on nursing her for a year, but we both love it so we still do it about 3x a day. I promise before she can say milk we will be done. It will be sad for me!
Sleeping: I USUALLY sleep then entire night 7:30pm-7isham. She still take 2 good naps every day.
Still will sit content in her stroller/car seat during water aerobics. (1 hr every day)
Loves her Daddy!! She gets so excited when she see's him and still prefers him over me sometimes.
Like to brush her teeth, I brush them then she does while I comb her hair.
We still find it hard to believe that she is ONE years old! It has been the best year! As Spencer says, I wouldn't change anything except the broken arm. I couldn't agree more!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Maddy!
that strawberry cake sounds yummy!
Too cute for words. Guess she won't mind celebrating again with us on Saturday. We are going to have an ice cream cake. We are looking forward to seeing all of you.
oh my goodness! Madi is so cute!!! happy happy birthday!!!
She is so fun to hafve close! We love playing with her!!! Cant wait until her arm is better!
Post a Comment