A good while ago my knee started to act up. What? I've NEVER had knee problems! What horrible timing! It put a MAJOR damper on my marathon training. (I'm going to die: another story) Anyways, the night before the Bisbee stair climb my knee was very irritated. (from my soccer game: another post later) So I was not really looking forward to the stair climb and thought I was going to have to walk. (parts) Right before the race (literally) I saw my friend Jamie who is very into the natural oils, ect. She rubbed some "dark blue essential oil" all over my knee. Let me tell you folks... It was awesome... I ran without too much pain! I could still feel the grinding and popping but it was tolerable. Jamie saved the day!
Here I am... (Spencer caught me making faces)

Here is my Brother-in-law Russ (the one in the white shirt: that looks like Spence)

My Cousin Bryna (in the pink tank top)

My sis-in-law Katie

And My Mom

All done...

It was a new course this year so I couldn't compare my time to the past years. The running part I was prepared for but I didn't do much stairs to train. (because of my knee) This year there were just under 200o runners. I got 124th over all, 3rd in my age group.
6 comments:
I need some of this "miracle" oil. I have had horrible knee pain for as long as I can remember. Cracking, popping and pain with every jump, run whatever. I have really been wanting to train for a 1/2 marathon but can run more than 2 miles without major pain and swelling in my left knee. Find out what it's name is. I would love to try it out :)
love the face your making!!!
You are so cute! But ugh injuries are the WORST! So sorry...I hope it isn't ruining any of your plans. How frustrating. P.S. I did my 12 miler on Saturday and thought of you SO MUCH while I was running. You were seriously what kept me going sometimes :) I did it in 1:59, which I was happy with. Thanks for keeping me motivated!
Hey Marlee! I use that Deep Blue oil too!! doTERRA makes it! They are the BEST!!! I've used it for knee and back pain and it works really well!! Jamie and and my mom work together with the essential oils. You could call either one of them and they can give you the hook up!
Look at www.simplyoils.idoterra.com and you can watch a short video clip that teaches you other ways to use the oils too.
Great job on the bisbee stair climb! love the picture of you making a funny face!
How fun!!! Maybe next year. If my knee still hurts and can rub some of that deep blue stuff on me!!:)
Oh I wish I could've done it this year, but I'm pretty sure I would have died or gone into labor, or both. :) Can't wait for next year!
And way to go on placing 3rd with a bum knee! You rock!
Post a Comment