Thursday, October 21, 2010

So PROUD....

Spencer signed up for a race and ran it all by himself!! haha That makes him sound like a little kid. For those of you that don't know... Spencer HATES to run, or should I say he USE TO hate running. He came home one day and told me he signed up for a 10mile run in Tucson. (Oct 9th)I was lost for words! He said it was to help him prepare for the half marathon that he has in a couple of weeks.
Waiting for the race to start... (I think I was more nervous than he was)

Here he came around the corner! Madi and I were cheering so loud!

After the race...

He is AWESOME!!! It was a great race, very organized, lots of people, and lots of food. I am so proud!! I never thought I would hear these words from his mouth..."You know I really like running around 6 miles. After that I wouldn't say I really enjoy it." Did you hear that...he said "I really like running around 6 miles." I know my jaw hit the floor too.

4 comments:

russandkatie said...

we are proud too Spence!

CK Morgan said...

That is so awesome! Running is so fun once you get into it. I have to agree with Spencer though on the 6 mile thing :) That's a good distance. Way to go!

Mary Anne said...

Ooops sorry, that comment above is from me, not my friend Kara :) I'm at her house and she was logged in!

Jessica said...

i am shocked too that he likes 6 miles! way to go dude!