We were enjoying our picnic until we REALLY got attacked by a squirrel. Lets be honest, most of the time its like...."Oh look at the cute little squirrel." Nope, not this time we were grabbing our stuff and moving because it was not scared and trying to eat our food. Poor Madison was so confused when he tried eating her food. It was a one of a kind for sure!
After we enjoyed the afternoon of experiencing the Grand Canyon, the Babysitters came in handy (Megan- my sis and her friend Kacey)

Spencer and I checked in for the race, went to a movie, and then we had the race orientation. This race was the best organized race I have every participated in. The check in bags were full or goodies and the shirts are very nice. After orientation they have a dinner for all the race participants. It was great! Then we got ready for the big event.....Here are the highlights Spencer and I remember.....

Freezing in the morning!!! Literally!! 28 degrees!Starting the race and feeling like we were cruising until we hit around mile 7
Making up nick names for all the other runners around us
The Beautiful views!!!
After every uphill there was.... ANOTHER uphill!!!
Spencer and I running together the entire time
Seeing all the deer and HUGE elk
Chanting "Oregano's" to keep Spencer going (that's where we were going to eat dinner)
Spencer getting mad at me...... (My favorite sayings from him...)
Just keep going.... don't wait for me
I'm so tempted to jump off the cliff
I can't feel my legs
Don't take anything personal that I say
This is the longest mile
I can't believe I'm running 13 miles for fun!
Eating TONS of chocolate after the race
Each of us winning flip flops and shirts. Spencer won a beanie and socks too!
Spencer getting 2nd place in his age group- He won 2 nights in a fancy hotel in the Grand Canyon and 4 different free tours for 2 people.
I got 7th place in my age group

Thanks Megan and Kasey!!
3 comments:
Good Job. I wish I would have done this instead of the one I did. (it wasn't very organized) But good job to both of you. Looks like lots of fun!!
It looks like you hac a great time, and good job to you both!
Had to come back and find it since I missed this post! How fun! I'm dying at all the things you guys said/did on the run. Love it. How fun that you did it together. That's the best.
Post a Comment