So Tuesday June 14th was my due date. We were so excited and couldn't wait for her to join our family. Tuesday went by... Wednesday went by... Thursday went by... Then the phone rang. Thursday afternoon we received a phone call from my Doctor saying that I could be induced Friday morning if I was interested. We decided to go ahead and get induced. So Friday morning Spencer and I got to the hospital around 5:30.

We got settled in our room and they ended up not starting the potocin until around 9am. At 3:31 she was born. She weighted 7lbs 9 oz and was 18 3/4 inches long. The delivery went well and most importantly she was healthy.


This is my Doctor or was my Doctor. She is retiring in December!!! I am so sad! He delivered both girls and is an AWESOME Dr.

As soon as she was born I started to feel yucky. The rest of that day I was vomiting and had head aches, body aches, and was totally out of it. Luckily that night I finally began to feel better and got to hold my baby. That's when we decided we better come up with a name for this little baby. Before we went to the hospital we narrowed the names down to Emilee or Brooke. Earlier that day my sis-in-law text us and gave us a few names that she liked but also had something to do with fire. With the fire and everything going on we decided to name her Makenzie (born of fire). It is perfect for this little girl. To be honest Spencer has always loved the name Makenzie, I have never been "in love" with it but I liked it. now, I love it! We got to come home Saturday night.


Luckily we had a house to come home to. We were asked to evacuate on Friday but they let our neighborhood return home later that night. Makenzie is a very good baby and so far she sleeps great at night. Madison is doing pretty good with her. She is still learning how to be soft and how to be gentle

. I'm sure things will be changing once it's just us 3 girls at home. I'll let you know how that goes.
3 comments:
Oh Marlee! Those cute little cheeks are so adorable! Love the name and the meaning behind it. Maybe she'll be a little firecracker like Madison and it will be even more fitting :) So glad Dr. Kacenga was able to be your doctor again. Sad that he is retiring! Will there be any good OBs in Sierra Vista anymore?!? Ha ha. Anyway, congrats! Hope you adjust to life as a mommy of two quickly! You will do amazing, I'm sure!
She is beautiful! Congrats!!
She is darling! Congrats to you all and I LOVE her name! SO fitting and perfect! Hahaha funny how June 14th didn't quite work out for either of us! :)Glad our babies are here at last!
Post a Comment