Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pure Craziness...

So last Saturday this started...

Then it started to look like this...


Then on Friday it looked like this....

Another fire started that day... (Antelope Fire)This fire was very close to the house. We actually had to evacuate our house. BUT... We weren't home, we were at the hospital having a baby! What a wild day it turned out to be. Since we were in the hospital I didn't know exactly what was going on except that nurses and doctors were going in and out because they were having to evacuate there homes. During all the mess we had a beautiful baby girl. We named her Makenzie which means born of fire. We thought it was fitting with everything going on.
Anyways, the birth is the previous post. We have really enjoyed having her here in our family and LOVE her so much! She is a great baby.
Luckily on Saturday we were able to have a home to come home to. Now the fire looks like this... (out our front door)
It has been really crazy around Sierra Vista. A lot of homes have been lost and a lot of people evacuated. The hotels here or towns around are full. The shelters are full. We hope that we see it become a little more contained, but REALLY appreciate all the work people have done to help. We really appreciate all the firefighters, police officers, boarder patrol agents, and anyone else that are working so hard to save homes and control this fire. They are all in our prayers!

6 comments:

Family of Disney said...

congratulations, she's beautiful
hope your home stays safe

The Seiuli's said...

Aw I love her, holding her was so fun today! It's awesome that life still goes on with all of this chaos going around us. What a bundle of cuteness! ;)

Major and Mrs. said...

She is perfect! Congratulations! I have been thinking about you guys this week. I hope your new home is far away from the fire, and you can just enjoy Makenzie's first few days home!

Jessica said...

so crazy! but we love makenzie!

Kevin and Laura said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful!

THE POTTLES said...

I know that is so crazy! Have you been able to go to your home? Anyway baby Makenzie is so darling! You have such cute kids! I was thinking we need to have a roommate get together sometime! You, me, nancy, Larissa, and Chrisit. Well I hope everything is going better down there! We love ya and miss ya!