Monday, August 29, 2011

Forsberg Reunion

This year we got to spend an entire week in San Diego with the Forsberg family. Here is lots of pictures to tell about our trip...
We spent 3 days on the beach and loved every second. I cold have spent every day there. This is most of the family just hanging out, relaxing, getting some rays, eating, all while the kids played.
Madison sure loves her cousins. She had so much fun playing in the sand with them. They would build a castle and she would smash it, they still played great. (Mallory, Hunter, Madi, Mason, Tyler, and Conner)
Madison loves the water but had never been to the beach before. We were curious how she would like the ocean. As soon as we got there she was running in and out of the water. We had to stand right next to her and try to hold her hand. She would get trampled by a wave and it wouldn't faze here. She was in heaven until... Seaweed got stuck on her. She panicked, screamed and didn't want anything to do with the water until the last day. It was kinda nice not having to worry as much with that. Instead she would play in the sand. She LOVED it.

We took a little break from the beach and spent a day at Sea World. We had a blast. (Spencer, Nana, Makenzie, Madi, Stephanie, Conner, and Tyler) We had perfect weather. Not to hot and not to cold. We enjoyed looking at all the sea creatures, the shows, eating churros, and being together)
Some of you know Madison is pretty fearless. In this picture I grabbed her before she tried to climb in the water with the starfish. (Stephanie, Conner, Madi, Me, Carter, and Tyler)
Love this face! This was after she felt the starfish. (after I explained we can swim with them)
The group that went to Sea World. The family all split ways between the 3 parks; Disneyland, Knottsberry farm, Sea World. (Madi, Spence, Me, Makenzie, Tyler, Carter, Jessica, Charlotte, Sean, Nana, Stephanie, and Conner)
We ended the long fun day with Shamu's night show. It was good but I think I actually enjoy the daytime show better. Madi loved Shamu. She still talks about him.
Then we went back to the beach...
Stephanie (my sis-in-law) had some skills on the boogie board. I loved it once I got the hang of it.
Spencer and his brother Keith going to catch some waves.
One afternoon we spent hanging out at San Clemente Pier. We had some yummy fish-n-chips and enjoyed bring with everyone. Once again perfect weather...
On the way home we stopped for ice cream. It was the first time we let Madi eat it in the car... can you see why?
We had a great time! The resort was very nice. We enjoyed swimming, hot tubing, playing volleyball, playing games, having BBQ's, and great walks.

2 comments:

The Seiuli's said...

OH man I wish we had that no eating rule in the car from the beginning, it gets so gross sometimes. I obviously don't care too much though or I would change it, haha. ;) What a fun trip. I love the pics of Madi playing.

Spencer and Marlee said...

We do let her eat in the car but only certain things.