Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mama I go...


"Mama I go potty," is a famous phrase around our house. About 3 weeks ago I came home from mutual and Madi's diaper is in the middle of the hallway. I called out for Spencer to see what was going on. He said she took her clothes and diaper off and ran to the toilet. She climbed on and went all by herself. She has been interest in the toilet for a while now and loves to sit on it but most of the time wouldn't take her diaper off. So... we decided to try potty training her. She did do good the first 2 days. No accidents except for one, she forgot to take her panties off and sat on the toilet. I wasn't fast enough to help her that time. (I was feeding Makenzie.) Anyways, then the third day we had 2 accidents during the day then I left that night to soccer practice and when I came home Spencer had put a diaper on her. I asked what happened and he said that she had gone through 4 pairs on panties and he was done. My favorite part was when he said, "I would ask her if she needed to go potty and she would say no." I just laughed. Then the next morning when Madi got up I said lets go put your panties on and she refused. She didn't want anything to do with her panties or the toilet. I put up a fight until around lunch. I decided I was done, I cleaned all her panties and put them away. My plan was to potty train her after our trip to Lake Powell (end of Sept) but we decided to first move her to a "big girl bed" after that trip and then potty train her before the holidays. I am not in a huge rush, she is not even 2 yet, but in 2 weeks she will be.

2 comments:

The Seiuli's said...

You're right she will get it on her own time and when she is ready. Man that is one cute kid sitting there on that toilet. LOL!

Natalie said...

I feel you. Duncan started removing his diaper in his room and spreading the contents all over, floor, door, wall, window everywhere. He was at a Dr. apt and she said to start potty training him. I just always felt that 3 was a good age. He liked it, and would take his diaper and shirt off and he went a couple of times, but it isn't working. I put the potty away and I'm going to wait until he is older.