So a couple months ago Spencer and I got to chaperon our fist stake dance together. We had that opportunity to do that again last night. Spencer was sure to approach the dance a little different the second time. Here is what happened...
First time chaperoning: As we entered the cultural hall some other adult was collecting the youth's dance cards and shook Spencer's hand.I was standing right there but looking in the dance not paying too much attention until I over heard a little of the conversation that went like this...
Man: "Hi, I'm Bro.........(I don't remember)"
Spencer: "Hi, I'm Spencer Forsberg from the Spanish Branch. How are you?"
Man: "I'm doing great. So is this your daughter your dropping off?" (this is when I decided to turn around and pay attention)
Spencer: "Oh NO, this is my wife Marlee." (I turned and shook his hand)
Man: "Oh... I'm sorry... You look so young."
I'm thinking alright is this a complement or how am I suppose to react.
Spencer and I just laughed...
It became weird and we ended the conversation
Last night at the stake dance Spencer made sure we were holding hands hoping that he wouldn't get asked if he was my Dad again. It worked. I guess if that is what it takes for people not to think that I'm in YW's and Spencer isn't my Dad, then heck not a problem.
10 comments:
Flint and I just had a good laugh at you!!! We can so relate. Flint went to take pictures at Mesa High (he was about 27-28 years old) when he went to leave they questioned him and wanted to see his ID. He was so mad...so now you know why Flint usually wears a gotee (i dont know how to spell it)Ha/Ha/Ha
See ya at the cabin!
Jan
I'm sittin here cracking up! There is no way Spencer looks old enough to be your dad! The guy must have needed a new eyeglass perscription. Good thing this time you were both let in.. as adults!
are you kidding me? that is ridiculous...
first of all you don't even look that young, but even if you DID, does Spencer really look old enough to be your father??? I seriously do not think so. That's so weird! But a little bit...okay a lot bit...funny.
That's hilarious! And then Holly gets asked to dance by a 17 year old! That was so funny!
Okay this is so funny.. Being youthful might be a pain now, but in ten years, you will LOVE it. And you cant help it if you married an old man! haha (totally kidding Spence!) What a wierd guy..needs new glasses, or you need to sneak in the backdoor next time. haha.
That's so funny. What a silly comment! I would take it as a compliment.
Yep, Jeremiah got called to YM's and at the first mutual all the leader that didn't know him introduced the new priest in the ward and all the little Laural were hitting on him.
Oh my gosh, thanks for the good laugh!!!
Jamie gets the same thing...all the time! She is in the young women's...and is often just one of them! Totally take it as a compliment. Who knows, maybe when you are old and gray, you can look back to that day...and just smile. But knowing your family...you will always look super young!
that is the funniest thing i've heard in a while! i literally laughed out loud! marlee you are so cute haha! i love it!
Post a Comment