Last week Spencer decided that he is going to train Boomer to stay on a towel on the tile. It really was a joke! He is a puppy and likes to explore. I told Spencer as soon as he gets off the towel he is outside. 10 min later he was outside. That night Spencer gave me a speech about how I need to give Boomer a chance and let him inside to be part of our family. I didn't agree. He was just fine outside. Spencer worked with him the next night to stay on the towel, it wasn't working. I thought he gave up until I came home tonight to this..........


Yes, it is stormy outside but I am just not wanting Boomer inside. Spencer thinks I am mean. He says he will train him to stay on the tile. (Right.....Just like he stayed on the towel) I was nice tonight and let him try to make it work. Boomer is a very very well behaved dog. He doesn't chew on anything to much, he doesn't bark much, and has never gone to the bathroom inside. He doesn't shed very much which is a HUGE plus. I just am not sold on him being inside. (I have good reasoning)I will admit when Boomer comes and cuddles with me it is hard to say No, he is to cute to get mad at. All I know is.. if I ever go out of town I'm going to come home with Boomer sleeping with Spencer!!! YIKES!!! obviously Spencer and I have strong opinions on this. What do you think?
13 comments:
Well I love Boomer too, and we all know Rylee does!! I agree with you on the "inside dog" thing though. Although, if he can train him to stay on the tile that's not too bad. We trained our old dog, Zoe (rest her furry little soul) to sit on the tile by the back door when we would let her in. She was really good about it, except she would always put her front paws on the carpet just to be that much closer to us. :) Dogs are so funny. You could give Spencer a chance at training him for tile only...maybe. Haha By the way, you're really too nice to be saying what good neighbors we are. We've gotten the better end of the deal for sure, we love having you guys next door!!!
try having 2 inside dogs, I guess even combined together they still aren't as big is Boomer though. Inside or out, dogs are fun. My brother and sis-in-law had a lab that they trained to stay on the tile and he was very good at it.
As you know, I am not opposed to dogs in the house...however I usually am opposed to BIG dogs in the house. haha. And I dont like shedding...thats why we got Rex...no shedding, AND small. But is he doesnt shed or pee in the house I dont see the problem. Dont let him LIVE in the house, but letting him in once a day wont hurt anything. I am mostly against big dogs because they have big tongues and more slobber...I HATE slobber and dog tongues. If it doesnt lick me then I am fine. But Boomer is a looker...must get that from her mommy! haha. Good luck with that!
He is such a cute dog! When we were living in someone else's house (house-sitting) I let Oakley be an inside dog and I really liked that he was with us all the time. But once we moved into our own house (with white carpet and a new baby) he was 90% outside. I do let him come in and sit on the tile for a few hours each Sunday. So I've done both. I think I was more attatched to him when he was inside with us, but it's not worth it to me to have hair and slobber all over the place.
Marlee I'm on your side! We had a lab that we were going to train to stay on the tile but yeah right..didn't happen in our house either! It's so fun to have a dog..an outside dog!! Good luck with your "battle"
I have to admit that I've tried to make Jack an outside dog. I usually let him sleep inside though. But in the last 6-8 months i've let him in more during the day. I really like having him in more. I think i've become a little more attached to him (don't tell Steve!) So having done it both ways now I kind of feel sorry for him if he has to stay outside. I will let him in whenever i'm home and put him out when i leave. Last year I would have said Outside all the way. Now i'm thinking why have a dog if he has to stay outside?!!!
Well I am for both. But we have a boxer also and he is such a good inside dog. I read a lot on boxers before we bought ours last year and learned it is best to let them be part of the family.
For one they are people pleasers and love to be with you 24/7. They really like to be trained so I bet you could teach him to stay on tile. I have Stat trained to only stay in the living room, hall and kitchen. He won't go in bedrooms or bathrooms with out permissions. The other is that they get bored really easy and can be destructive to landscaping. They love to dig holes. Stat, our boxer didn't have his hole digging problem until about a year old either.
Sorry this turned out longer than expected. But I guess that is me two sense. He is a beautiful puppy be the way!
inside dog= bigger mess in the house. Tell Spencer if he cleans inside works. That might last a couple of weeks.
Marlone,
I love your Boxer! He is sooo handsome! We have one too and a family boxer and they are the best and funest dogs. My parents have the dogs outside during the day but sleep inside most of the time, so u will have to do whatever, but its true that Boxers really like to feel apart of a family and be active with people. Good luck!!
How can you say no to such a cute puppy face. Brad and I are just like you and Spencer-except I think he should be inside and Brads agrees with you. My track record is not very good as far as being away from family members-hence we are in our babies room sleeping.
Well, if my opinion matters in this situation...jk! I totally agree with you on the whole dogs are to be outside thing Marlee. I think it's so nice of you to give Spencer a chance to train him to be a good house dog though, you're such a good wife! :)
He's so cute! We never had an inside dog growing up, but if he's well behaved...why not? I don't know! Tough choices.
that dog is so cool and good looking! good choice!
Post a Comment