Okay, okay... This may not be a surprise to those of you that know me very well. Let's just say I am accident prone. Seriously every since I was born! It is not like I have the common accidents happen to me either. Maybe its because I use to be a total dare devil and fearless. I always get the weird things for example, having my ear close to falling off, having my front teeth knocked out twice, getting burned all over my face and body from a jam explosion, my right eye popped, shattering my gastrocnemius, ect. Okay, so the list can go on and on. Well folks I have another one to add to the list. Last Saturday I was canning salsa and marinara sauce I had TONS of tomatoes to use up. I have canned many times in my life (those of you that know I Mom is a canning freak) and had many great things come of it. This was the first time canning in my kitchen. Things were going great we made the sauce and put it in the steamer to seal. The timer went off I went to take the lid of the steamer off. Yes, I know you take the lid off so the steam goes to the back. (opposite direction as you) Well having my microwave close above my stove it made it a little difficult. I had to angle it different to get it off. I moved my body but forgot to move my arm. That steam gave me a big kiss!! Right on my arm! It burned at first and turned a little red. I kept on making the sauce. Thinking wow my arm burns for not having a big mark. Well a couple hours later. There was the steam tattoo on my arm. It really has not been very painful but just in the way. It is healing very nice. This picture is a good one. The nasty ones I am having problems with the computer. Maybe Later, if your lucky. It was beautiful and had HUGE blisters. My v-ball team loved to tease me. That is what I get for not using my brain.

11 comments:
Holy crap Waddie...of course it does NOT surprise me in the slightest...I remember the jam incident...and you forgot to tell everyone how you fell into the ditch at the bus stop and sliced your leg and Justin had to carry you home..and we all remember the lovely scar it left! You really need to be more careful, I want you to still be around when I am old! That looks nasty, I'm just glad you moved your face!!
That did happen, like I said the list never ends! Although, Justin didn't take me home. I went to school then they sent me to the nurse. They called my Mom and then I went to the doctor to get fixed.
I didn't realize that it was salsa that you were canning how funny cause that's what I did tonight. Luckily I am burn free from steam but my fingers are burning from the peppers that I chopped. I guess I don't get as much sympathy for that one though. I hope your arm heals fast!!!!!!!
So remember when we had to go to the doctor cuz someone put freakin hot jars in cold water??!?!?!! I remember walking in with frozen vegitables on my arm but i was fine. You on the other hand... a disaster!! i remember watching them stitch you all up!!! oh marlee you are a trooper!!!!
marlee that looks so much worse than the other day! i can't believe it seriously you need to stay home and just sit still!
Holy cow Marlee you are accident prone! That looks like it hurt so bad! Well I hope it heals good and fast!!
Ouch! How are you Marlee?? I mean besides the massive burn on your arm... ouch...
karen (clouse)
Oh my heck, poor girl. It looks tons worse. Keep puttin your aloe on it! hope it gets better quick!
OUCH! Marlee I'm so sorry! You're right...these things always happen to you! That seriously looks like it kills. I mean the teeniest little burn hurts when anything touches it, I can only imagine how that must feel! I sure hope you aren't PLAYING any volleyball...just coaching. I can't imagine what one little pass would feel like!
oh my gosh and to add on to gina's comments the time you were racing sam and hit the wall with your two front teeth during volleyball tryouts conditioning. haha good ol times. i'm sorry i am laughing it's so you though, i love it!
oh man! Seeing that just makes me cringe! It looks so painful, and I can't believe you said it's not too bad. You are one tough cookie! I'm sure it's because of all those "accidents" that have made you that way huh? haha! I hope it heals fast :)
Post a Comment