Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Just a thought...

So life for us has been great!! We have been busy but we can't complain!!
I LOVE this time of year!!! I love watching the leaves turn, the beautiful weather, and the holidays. You can't beat the weather right now, it has been in the 70's the past couple weeks. I can't believe that it is this time of year again but boy do I love it!! What I really can't believe is halloween is over........which means Thanksgiving is just around the corner and Christmas is just around the block!! I love both of these holidays! It's so fun to get together with family!! Something I also enjoy is making New Year's resolutions. I have been thinking really hard about what I want to focus on next year. I'm not the best at keeping them up the entire year but this year I want to make a couple goals that will be more life changing goals for me. When I was visiting with my visiting teacher she read a quote from the message that really stuck out to me.
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. the world has enough women that are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind.... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need women of faith." - Margart D. Nadauld (former y/w general pres.)
After visiting with her I really thought, WOW, Marlee you need to become more of a "Women of God." I want to be the person that always thinks of other people before I think of myself instead of thinking of other things I really do need to get done. I am a guilty girl when it comes to following through with A LOT of the nice thoughts that come to my head! Next year I am going to really try hard to serve other people and not just think, "Oh I should call this person, or I should take them dinner, or I need to go by her house." I often think those nice thoughts but only carry out with them half as much as I should. Sorry for rambling on! I do have many other goals I want ot accomplish next year but I will share them when the time gets closer.

5 comments:

Kara said...

I love that quote, I remember when she gave that talk and I was moved by it. Anyway, I am soooo guilty of the same exact thing. I need to start following through with those good and kind thoughts too and not just think them! :)

Steph and Keith said...

I totally agree Marlee! I'm going to do better also~ I love that quote and it is inspiring!

Gina Lee said...

You're not the only guilty one out there! I am sooo that way too. I should be better as well. Thanks for the quote! I cant wait to see you AGAIN this weekend. Yeah for two weekends in a row! Tell Speedy Spence we are ON OUR WAY!!! haha. Love ya girlie!!

russandkatie said...

that is the quote I shared with the people I visit taught as well and then one of my friend's talked about it on her blog too. I'm so gald that so many of us were inspired by it! What a great post, thanks for sharing!

Tyler and Bryna said...

you inspire me!!!!