Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Questions and Answers....

I guess I'm not the only person that likes details. Here is some more information on our little baby girl:
I found out I was pregnant on New Years. I guess you can say it was planned. I had previously had nasty large cyst on my ovaries, which were not to enjoyable. I went to the Dr. he put me on some medicine that would possibly get rid of them. I guess depending where you have your cyst's it can cause you not to ovulate. We had been trying for a little while and were not getting pregnant. When I went to the Dr. we found out that was the reason. The Dr did not expect me to get pregnant while taking the medicine but soon after, which would have been February. To our surprise we got pregnant!! We couldn't have been more excited!!!

We did keep it a secret for a good while. We told out parents first around 6 weeks, then told our families when we were 13 weeks. We sent out this e-mail to make the "announcement."


I wasn't sick right off the bat, but was DEAD tried! When I was about 4 weeks it hit me hard. I was sick every day. Seriously I heard all about "morning sickness" but didn't expect it to be quite that nasty. I was lucky that I felt the worst at night, since my mornings are so busy. I am glad that around 13 weeks I began to feel a lot better. I still felt "car sick" but I could at least keep my food down. It was a chore certain days to get the energy to teach aerobics. Compared to some I had it easy and compared to some I had it bad!

I do feel great now, besides just a little larger. We are super excited to have a little girl! Last week was very exciting for us. Wednesday afternoon was the big appointment. We were so excited to see what sex we were having, but I was so nervous! I just wanted this little baby to be healthy and strong. We had actually had 2 ultrasounds done before this one and everything looked great. The Doc and Nurse's always joke about how active this little girl is. I was still nervous and was very relived to hear and see that everything was perfect. The first ultra sound we had they couldn't see the heart beat flutter because she wouldn't stay still long enough. They had to like pin her to actually see it. They new it was there because she was literally doing flips. That is when they new she was a "little spark plug." Since then they joke about it because every time they use that little microphone to hear the heart beat, you hear like 3 beats then a boom from her kicking it or hitting it. It's funny!! This last ultra sound they asked us if we wanted to know the sex before they started of course without hesitation I say yes. It's a good thing because the first thing we saw was, "Wow, it s little princess." She really put on a show for us! I know she really didn't know what was going on, but sure acted like it. She kept doing the same things over and over..... Showing her Booty, waving and smiling. She wanted to make sure we new she was a girl I guess. We all laughed. The Dr. has known me for a long time and said..."Marlee I think your going to get what you gave your Mom. A energized, free spirited, active girl." I'm not sure I can handle that! I was a little wild, fearless, NOT shy, and happy little girl.This is her side profile!! She was so entertaining. We didn't get to many pictures like this, because she was everywhere.(Her waving... isn't adorable! I LOVE IT!! It's not to clear because its a picture taken of the ultra sound)

Do we have any names.... well we have some options but not totally sold on ONE yet. We are open to suggestions. It really hasn't been hard for us to agree on a name but just cane decide which ONE we want to use. Good thing we still have 4 months!

Here is the picture of my belly at 20 weeks, nice and thick. It is growing, and she is moving around. I love being able to feel her move! It's been like 3 weeks of being able to feel her kick, twist, and turn. The other night Spencer got to feel her for the first time! He loved it!! He is going to be a great Daddy! He is so excited and will admit she will have him rapped around his finger. It's been a great experience being pregnant and can't believe how fast the time has gone!

I can't think of any other questions I have been asked to post, so if I forgot to answer your question, just remind me. Most of you know how it is, when you get prego you lose your mind!
Oh yeah, I forgot... My due date is Sept. 7th

16 comments:

Gina Lee said...

Marlee you shouldnt smoke crack while you're pregnant...its not good for the baby. You totally do NOT have a belly! I know you want one...and you will get one eventually...its just NOT there yet. haha. Enjoy the nice tight tummy muscles because they hold that baby in longer than any of your other pregnancies will! Love you and it was great to see you last weekend. You will have to come stay with us again, and stay longer next time. Maybe after I have the baby you can come visit for the weekend! =) Any day now! YEAH!

Jonesfaminaz said...

I am so excited for you guys. And I definitely have a soft spot for girls! You are such a cute prego.

Jana and Brett said...

cute little belly. just wait marlee, one morning you'll wake up and be like WOAH! Who is this chick lookin back at me in the mirror! And maybe your hubby will be nice enough to ask you WOAH! Where'd you get that belly. haha Bein pregnant is fun! I'm glad you are soaking it all in! And it sounds like your little baby girl has a fun personality, just like her mommy. Wild girls are the best! And they sure keep you on your toes. :0) Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. STAY ACTIVE! (like i really need to remind you.)

Klan said...

So I guess that makes me about a month behind you. I sure am jealous of those four weeks. I look about four weeks farther along than you though. Congrats and Good Luck!

Klan said...

Oh this is Britni, your cousin.

Christi Pobst said...

FUN! You look great. I was bigger then that at 20 weeks but I really popped around 23, or 24. Its been so fun!

Our babies are a month apart!

The Merrill Family said...

That is so exciting! A girl will be so much fun! Amanda told me the other day and I was really excited for you! I can't wait to find out what I am having!

THE POTTLES said...

I am so excited!!!! You are going to make a wonderful fun mom. I should know you were basically my mom for about 2 years. Ha Ha!! Anyway she is so beautiful and can't wait to see her in person. Have fun and let me know if you need anything. Oh yeah what are some of the names you picked?

Haymore Family said...

seriously marlee, just push a little harder and maybe you will look a little pregnant! or just eat like 10 more cookies that should do the trik!

larissa said...

I'm glad you answered all of the questions we could ever think to ask!! You and spencer will be such amazing parents.
I'm so excited for you two.
It makes me excited for that same day sometime in the future.
where is your belly? You don't even look prego to me.
miss you
love you

Kevin and Laura said...

Congratulations Marlee! We are so happy for you two. You will make great parents!!!!

russandkatie said...

how exciting! thanks for all the info, I learned a lot by reading that! can't wait to meet her!!!

The Seiuli's said...

oh you are so cute and little. she is adorable. i'm excited to see this little girl. and i can't wait for all our little girls to meet and play together. love you girl!

Steph and Keith said...

You look so cute Marlee! We're so excited for you guys. Hey, thanks again for all your help, both Saturday night, and Sunday afternoon when you guys were here. You guys are awesome!

Flint and Jan said...

Marlee we are so HAPPY for you guys! As i read your post it made me cry, because I remeber when we found out we were preg and then that she was a girl...all so exciting, words just cant explain it! Hope to see you soon!
Jan

Tyler and Bryna said...

MARLEE! First off thank you so much for all the help with my shower!! It was so fun!!! i love you!! and second you look so so so good and i can't wait till we can hang out all the time like we use to. third.... You're tiny...