


We had a very eventful weekend. On Friday we attended our first Spanish Branch Fiesta. It was was a party!(we attend the Spanish branch, Spencer got called to be the 2nd counselor in the branch presidency) There was tons and tons of YUMMY food, we danced, broke a pinata, and did a lot of socializing. Well socializing for some! I don't speak really any Spanish so I am trying to learn. Right when I walk in to door to the church i was greeted very nicely! The thing was he went off and I am guessing ended with a question. I was lost for worlds and just said hold on. Being a dork and just not telling him "I don't speak Spanish," I put up my finger like hold on. I went and got Spencer and told him what happened. Spencer just explained that I don't speak Spanish and asked what he said. Well not realizing it he just asked be "How I was doing." Not even hard, I totally could under stand it. I was just so concerned that I couldn't understand what was said before I just freaked out. Spencer and the Brother got a good laugh. Then I answered him in my wonderful Spanish. Then Saturday morning we got up and went to Phoenix. We got there just in time to eat lunch, relax for a while before we had to leave for Spencer's 2nd triathlon. He did this one with his sister. They both did great. He beat his last time by 7 min and is hoping to get faster on the one we are both doing in November. This triathlon was a backwards one (run, swim, bike) usually its swim, bike, run. Like I said he did great. I enjoyed cheering him on, probably as much as Spencer's family enjoyed watching me. That night we ate the best pizza ever. Sunday morning we left early so Spencer could get back for meeting. Sunday was a great day. It was my fist time with the young women. (I am the YW Branch Representative) It was really nice to have them help me with my Spanish. I have a funny story about young women's but will have to check with Spencer to see if it is appropriate for the blog. That was our eventful weekend. It sure was nice to see the Forsberg Family!
7 comments:
YAH MARLONE!!
Sounds like your doing so well and happy! Your such an athlete I love it!! I wish I was.. but hey you two are HOT together.. SOOO happy for you!! Love you both!!
good job Spence!!
Lisa!! Good Night! Where have you been all my life? I have not seen or heard from you in forever! How the heck are you??
Marlee, sounds like you are having some "spanish" experiences like I've had when we went to pick up Keith and Russ from their missions...We had fun watching this last race--Dad and I are the official cheerleaders for the team. We hope we will have Russ to cheer on with you others in Casa Grande. Go Forsbergs and Klippels...and yes--you two are Hot together. We miss you being here in Phoenix. You two bring so much fun and laughter with you--and music--I miss the Sunday afternoon concerts.
it was fun seeing Spencer and Jess in the race and of course we loved seeing you cheer them on too! He's lucky to have a wife that is so proud and supportive!
Amen to Lisa's comment! You guys are studs!! I am impressed over and over again at how athletic you both are. It inspires me!! (And yet I slept in today instead of going running like I'd planned...maybe tomorrow. Haha).
HI marlee! love your blog. im jealous you are going to learn spanish. how are you? when do you get to move into your casa? (That's about as good as my spanish gets!!)i just started a blog, so its a little boring, but its crelissaandco.blogspot.com you'll have to check out my fat little baby. I want to hear the YW story, too!
Post a Comment