Friday, September 28, 2007

So.. I have a Story...


Well here is a story for you all. On Wednesday I was home a lone doing some trainings. I had started some laundry that morning before my first client. Most of my clients come to my house but I have one on Wednesday where I go to her work. As I was trying to hurry to that appointment I realized that the laundry was still in the washer and I need to put it in the dryer before I left. After changing it, I went to turn the light off and out of the corner of my eye I saw a SNAKE!! It was coming from behind the dryer into the pantry. So I went frantically looking for a shovel so I could chop off its head. I had to hurry and look for one because I was scared that I would lose the snake. of course I couldn't find one close. I didn't have time to run to the barn. I hurry and call my Dad at work. This is how the conversation went, "Dad there is a snake in the house, where is a shovel so I can kill it?" He quickly answered before I even could finish the sentence, "Call Grandpa, I am in a meeting." I obeyed but nobody was home. I was still in the Laundry room watching the snake. To be honest I didn't care at this point if my Dad was in a meeting or not. So I called him back!! "Dad, Grandpa is not home. What do I do? I have to be at work in 5 min." His response was "I am in a meeting I have to go! I guess there is nothing you can do." Right at that moment I lost sight of the snake. I started moving everything looking for the stupid thing. I could not find it so I just went to work. My family couldn't believe I didn't shut the door to the laundry room before I left. I thought about it but it was as skinny as a pencil and would have just gone under it. So my Dad closed the door and stuffed the rug under it, in hope that it would not be able to escape. Well yesterday, I was waiting for a client to show up and I thought I heard her come in the back door. As I went to greet her I saw the snake again! It was half out of the laundry room headed out to the hallway. My first thought was I got to get it this time! That is when I could tell it was a little Gardner snake. So the first thing that came to mind was grabbing a spatula and chop his head off. So I went in the kitchen and found my Mom's big metal flat end spatula. I went back there in a hurry. I must have scared it so it turned around headed back into the laundry room. I hurried and grabbed another spatula. The plan was to stab the end of the snake and then slide it out from under the door then have the other spatula to chop the head off. (I am home alone again)Well I stabbed the tail that was hanging out of the door. Right as I did the head quickly came from under the door and bit the rug.(LUCKY ME)It was mad!! I tried to hurry and slid the snake out, but as soon as I pulled it back the snake pulled his tail out from between the grout and spatula. It went so fast under the sliding door to the laundry room. I ran and got newspaper and stuffed the bottom of both sliding doors. At this time I am praying my client doesn't walk through the door as I am trying to kill a snake. I hurried and called my dad. He said he would be home soon and we could try to kill it. From that time on I sat on the floor in front of the door and made sure that snake didn't get out. It would put his head out then see me and go back in. I literally folded my clothes there, wrote in my journal, ect. My Dad came home like an hour and a half later. I told him what I did and then he said this is the plan... "You pull the spatula out and then I have this sticky stuff that we will put all around the hole so when he comes out he is stuck!" So I listened to my Dad. No joke, I pulled the spatula out with the newspaper and the snake comes out at full force! I screamed, my Dad tossed the sticky paper on the floor and kicked it the direction the snake was going. It barely got the snakes head! Then when I realized it was stuck I flipped the rest of his body onto the sticky board. I finally caught the stupid snake!! It was the highlight of my day. It was just a baby Gardner snake, over a foot long and was as skinny as a pencil. We have not seen many snakes around here. Who would have thought I would find one inside!

12 comments:

Gina Lee said...

Miss Marlee you crack me up! Atleast you didnt give up! lol I can totally see you sitting there in the hallway waiting for it to come out! hahahaha You make me laugh. Thats why I love you so much. I had a similar experience with a cricket the other day! (not quite scary) But the stupid thing kept popping his head out from under the couch and then when I tried to swat it...it went underneath. Then he would do it from under the big chest in front on the couch...and was too quick for me to kill it. But later that night when he didnt have anything to hide under I smooshed it into the kitchen floor. Stupid cricket! haha. You and I could start a cricket and snake killing business. LOL

Jessica said...

LOL! We were totally cracking up reading this!

Melissa said...

You are crazy! I can't believe you were going to chop his head off with a spatula. I seriously could never do that. I mean, i don't consider myself a sissy, but I hate the crunch that bugs make when you kill them, let alone the thought of chopping of a snake's head with a kitchen utensil. Ugh!

Erin said...

You are one brave girl! I freak out at stuff like that. Funny story!

taytum said...

I had a snake experience in July if you want to read about it. AND I don't care how big a snake is, it is never good, and I never want another in my house. I didn't get a picture of it, but the memory of it is permanetly burned in my brain!!!! I think our snake was a lot bigger than yours though. It was awful!

Spencer and Marlee said...

Yeah it was an experience. I hope I don't have another snake in my house too! Although Spencer said it was funny how I reacted. I just wanted to kill it.

Nana said...

you are braver than me marlee--and a lot more patient and persistant. I would have blocked off the laundry room and gone to a hotel till someone else got the snake...diana

Anonymous said...

You are such a dork!

Flint and Jan said...

Marlee, Marlee, Marlee,
Flint, Ron, and I have laughed our heads off at you! We could all just picture the whole thing happening. We think the look and your dads face and your face when you threw the sticky stuff down would have been priceless! You are the best!
Hey I starting to use some bands and grandma told me that you are all about them! I would love your imput! I'm such a beginner!!!!
Smile,
Jan

Anonymous said...

What a funny story! You're so funny Marlee!

Kara said...

You're too funny Marlee, but common, why where you being such a pansy about a little snake? Haha, I'm so kidding, I would try to keep it in the laundry room and wait for Garrick to come home so he could deal with it. :)

russandkatie said...

I just want to know why you never called Spencer for help with the snake after your Dad and Grandpa weren't available :)