Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'm so happy...

I made a goal that this year I was going to accomplish either an Olympic triathlon or a full marathon. So I found and Olympic triathlon to do, started training, was working hard, then Spencer encouraged me to not do it. (it was in Rocky Point: all the crazy stuff going on) Trying to make me feel better he looked online for one, they are all on Sunday's. I was not a happy girl... I wanted WANTED to do it. I was trying to be a good wife and respect his/our concerns. Anyways, this is NOT the purpose of this post. The purpose of this post is:
So I totally caught Spencer at a weak moment! As many of you may know Spencer HATES running. Yes, he does triathlons but only because he likes to swim and bike. Anyways, we are training for a marathon!! That's the point of this post!! We are signed up and everything, Spencer is doing the half and I am going to do the full. I am so SO HAPPY!! The crazy thing is... Guess where it is at?? The GRAND CANYON!! Talk about a good workout! (it was the only full marathon on a Saturday before the end of the year) It's not until Nov 6th so we have training time but there are limited spots so you have to sign up early.
So the NEXT purpose of this post is.... SIGN UP!!!(everyone is going it)It would be so fun to get a big group! COME ON!!
Bold

2 comments:

russandkatie said...

Russ is totally in! Now I just have to decide if I want to do the half or be crazy like you and do the full...

Spencer and Marlee said...

Be CRAZY!! I know you will!