We had a very exciting thing take place the weekend of May 22nd. That Friday night we drove up to Thatcher and stayed with the family at my sister, Amanda's house. We stayed the entire weekend and enjoyed the temple festivities. Saturday morning I have choir rehearsal, then got to meet up with one of me bestest friends Allie Spilsbury for lunch, then headed to the AMAZING Temple Cultural Celebration. I can't even begin describing the experience it was. All the youth in the temple district put on a performance of a life time for the Prophet himself. We were able to have seats that were like 6 rows behind the Prophet and high enough to see the entire stage. Here are some pictures that really don't even give the performances justice. I had many family members (Cousins, Bro, Sister, Nephew, Mom, Sis-in-law) participate and they did a wonderful job. They put a lot of hours in preparing for the event and it paid off. The spirit was so strong it was incredible. It was great preparation for Sunday. Sunday morning/afternoon (12:00 session) Spencer and I were able to go to the temple for the dedication. For the past 3 months, I have been busy every Sunday night singing in the temple choir. It was WOW, the most awesome thing I have EVER experienced. We were a small mixed choir of people from Sierra Vista and St. David for a total of 20 members. I can't really express the feelings I had that day singing directly behind the Prophet in the Celestial room. I never thought I would have such an experience. Singing in that choir and having that experience has changed my life. As we sang the Hosanna Anthem I had goosebumps over my entire body, tears slowly running down my face, a smile from ear to ear, and have never sang with such emotion as President Monson turned around, with tearing coming down his cheeks, and a huge smile. As soon as the dedication was over I got to talk to President Monson, President Eyring, and Elder Holland as they expressed there love. I doubt I will ever be able to have such an experience in my life again. I still thank my Heavenly Father for the experience and for giving me the opportunity to share my testimony through music to the Prophet of God and many other members of the Church.
I Love this picture:
Elder Walker (who called and set apart my bro-in-law as Stake Pres in Glendale)
Pres Monson, Pres Eyring, Sis Holland, (Elder Holland was hiding) Clapping after the show.

A big group of some of the youth doing the ribbon dance, it was awesome!

Greeting the youth, it was an amazing feeling!


If you want to hear more about it and see videos of it you can google LDS Gila Valley Temple Celebrations. It talks about the corner stone, the cultral event, the dedication, and history. I truly was blessed to witness such an event. This temple is very special to us after that weekend.
2 comments:
that's so awesome! what a neat experience.
oh wow Marlee. That is so incredible. What an experience to take with you through the rest of your life! Wish I could have at least been in the state to see the dedication :)
Post a Comment