Friday, August 20, 2010

Already...

I didn't start this young! I was accident prone but I waited to brake my arm when I was older!! That's right, our poor little Madi broke her arm! It was horrible! She was so good I can't believe it.
Here is what happened:
So she LOVES to climb on things!! Let's be honest she can climb just about everything! People are always amazed how good of a monkey she is. So last Wednesday afternoon she was climbing on a storage box that is at the end of our bed. (I've been filling it with clothes that are to small for her) Anyways, she climbs on that container whenever she is in our room and tries to pull herself onto my bed. I left and went to the bathroom and the next thing I heard was her crying. I went back in there and she was on the floor. I picked her up, tried calming her... no luck. We went outside, which always does the trick. Sure enough she calmed down. I noticed that she would push the little car around the yard like she usually does so i wasn't sure if it was her legs or arm. We came back inside and she was playing. She fell down and started screaming. I did notice that she did/ wouldn't put pressure on her left arm. I wasn't sure if it was sore, bruised, broken, or whatever so I played with her arm a bit. It didn't seem to bother her unless she put pressure one it. I tried getting a hold of Spencer like a million times but he was in a meeting. I finally decided I was going to take her in to get it looked at. On the way in Amanda (my sis) called me, she is a RN, anyways I asked a ton of questions and she recommended for me to get it x-rayed. (It was 4:45, the Dr offices were closing soon) She told me if Madi wasn't in to much pain to wait and take her to the Dr in the morning instead of the Er right then. Its cheaper and the ER takes forever! She said that if its broken Madi probably wont sleep very good then to take her to urgent care. I appreciated the advice but still wasn't sure what to do until I got a hold of Spence. I think I felt worst then Madi. I finally got a hold of Spencer and he said to wait and see how it feels in the morning, since she is not in to much pain. Well, she slept the entire night and the nect morning was happy until she put pressure on the arm. Then she would scream, we took her to the Dr, and he said she doesn't act like anything is wrong. he played with her arms, squeezed it a little and nothing. her turned it, to palm facing up and she lost it!! I had to take her outside while Spencer got the information. His guess was it was dislocated or fractured so we went to the x-ray place. After we got the x-rays done the tech asked if we were suppose to wait for a call from the Dr or what. Then she said, "If I were you I would just go to the office. I can't say much but I have seen worst but it doesn't look normal." Anyways, after being at 3 different Dr offices from 12:30-5pm we came home with a happy little girl in a blue cast. She was such a trooper, no nap, little snacks, and tuff!!

3 comments:

Mary Anne said...

OH MY GOSH Marlee! Poor little girl! That is hilarious though...just like her mama :) Better put the doctor on speed dial ha ha...

Tyler and Bryna said...

OH NO!!!!! Well if she's anything like her mother it won't be the last!!!!

Val said...

Oh my goodness! What a little trooper. She is so adorable.