Monday, May 11, 2009

What is LITTLE???

Okay, so many of you have experienced being pregnant.... I need your help!!! I am in a slump. Let's be honest I LOVE being pregnant but I HATE the cravings that I'm having!!! First off... For those of you that know me I LOVE chocolate always have and always will. Before I was pregnant I ate a LITTLE piece probably everyday. Now I have a totally different idea of LITTLE. I eat so much, I mean TONS of Junk food!! Anything! I usually have really good self control but not anymore. The sad thing is I really want to do something about it but I have gotten out of hand. For example: Spencer gave be a bag of Peanut Butter M&M's for Mother's day, (my favorite) I sat down and ate seriously over half the bag. Usually I would feel sick but nope... I wanted to eat more. Finally I had stop. We have had company, dinners, volleyball banquets, parties, and now vacations, you better believe me it's getting ugly!! Spencer is really loving it. If I don't get a hold of myself I am going to be in trouble. Is this my body? It sure doesn't feel like it!!! It is weird looking down and seeing a large ball. I bet many of you are laughing at me right this second... because Spencer is but it's a serious matter that needs to be addressed. Wednesday I go to the Dr. I am NOT looking forward to the scale. Last time it made me look twice. I already weigh more than I ever have in my entire 24 years of life. Don't get me wrong I expect to gain more weight and know that I am suppose to, but this fast? Well I better go the cookies on the counter are calling my name.....hahaha (I really am eating one)
Original NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Cookies

12 comments:

Family of Disney said...

Sorry honey, I don't know what to tell you. Every pregnancy is different. I know I craved ice cream and cheeseburgers like crazy when pregnant with Eric. However I also lost 15 pounds the first trimester and gained back 16 by the end. Just check with your doctor and he/she will let you know if you are gaining weight too fast (which I doubt). Don't worry you'll slow down. Towards the end the baby gets so big, there isn't that much room to fill the belly. That is when I ate in the middle of the night too. Just remember you can consume 50 percent more calories while pregnant.

Mary Anne said...

mmmm...peanut butter m&ms. oh my gosh i am laughing. i don't even know what to tell you other than that you are hilarious. marlee, we all know that you are in totally good shape, and whatever weight you put on i'm sure you'll take it right off afterwards. go have another cookie :) do it for me.

p.s. the triathlon...oh don't even get me started. so i had been feeling pretty sick for a couple weeks before the tri, but i was still training like normal. i wasn't going to let anything stop me! thursday night before the race (the race was saturday) i was coughing up blood. friday i made an appointment to see the doctor...hoping they would give me something to make me feel well enough for the race the next day. i went. they told me i had walking pneumonia and that i was NOT ALLOWED to exert myself, and that i was crazy for even thinking about doing a tri the next day. i started to cry right there in the exam room. i was so mad. so yeah...all my girlfriends and a few of my sisters in law did it without me! i was pretty upset, but there is one june 13th that i'm planning on doing. isn't that so lame! i was so ready! i'll let you know if i ever do one :) thanks for thinking of me, and thanks for the text yesterday. i love you!

p.s. remember when bert had walking pneumonia? it made me laugh to remember that. oh the good times!

Jessica said...

you're right on track!

Erin said...

These are my thoughts...

When you're pregnant, it's kinda like a "free day" (or free nine months). Eat what you want! Don't worry about your body. It WILL get back to normal, especially because you excersize and keep yourself in shape. It might not be the same over night, but it will go back. Are you planning on breastfeeding? I'm still breastfeeding after almost a year... totally one of those freak moms that I never thought I'd be... but it has seriously dropped pounds off of my body. I've NEVER weighed this less as an adult. So if you're wanting a good diet after you deliver, breastfeed for as long as possible! Every woman's body handles pregnancy different, so don't compare how fast you gain to someone else. I gained 50 lbs and FAST! Don't feel bad.

russandkatie said...

this is the only time in your life that you can get fat and enjoy it so do just that ENJOY IT!!!

Gina Lee said...

Oh with the way you run...eat all you want. It will drop off after baby #1! Just be careful when you get to number two...this weight isnt coming off as fast. So enjoy the little free time eating while you can! Love you.

Jonesfaminaz said...

I am sorry! It definitely is like a little demon takes over! Any self control you normally have is gone. Just do the best you can and don't worry too much about it. I do remember after I had Ella feeling so happy that I had my self control back. It was a nice feeling.

John and Jessica Tilton said...

Oh Marlee, I just ran across your blog, and I can't help but laugh, only because every mom has gone through the EXACT same thing, and those blasted cravings have evoked those EXACT same emotions! When I was pregnant with Bryson I literally sat down and ate a pound of twizzlers before I even knew what was going on. I had the WORST sweet tooth. The thing that helped with pregnancy #3 was that I channeled my sweet tooth towards fruit, to the point that I would literally eat about a watermellon a day, along with about a half a pineapple and half a cantelope. The interesting thing is that no matter how I ate during the pregnancy, I always gained the same amount of weight - 50 lbs a pop. So no worries about the weight gain, and just enjoy how WONDERFUL food can taste when you're pregnant. And the weight really WILL fall off once you give birth.

Kara said...

Oh PUH-LEEEASE!!!! Marlee, you could eat a whole batch of cookies a day and still look fantastic! So just go for it, take advantage! hehehe...I'm so helpful aren't I??? :)

Haymore Family said...

i am so with Kara! This is one time that you can enjoy and i know, its hard to think about how you are going to get back to normal but trust me you will! so just enjoy it! There must be a reason you are craving sweets and its because you are having a girl and she NEEDS chocolate! I will let you know when you need to stop, when you can't fit through the door way!

Tyler and Bryna said...

HAHAH OH WADDY I LOVE YOU! just wait till you almost weigh as much as spencer.( well he's a big guy so you wont get that close) but it's crazy huh!!!

RaCHELLE HuRD said...

hey! i didn't know you are pregnant, congrats. you look SO CUTE. eat your heart out girl! you'll drop it fast. if you nurse, and do any type of physical activity you will be A-ok. i wonder if our body gives us cravings, because it needs us to put on some weight for the baby. who knows. :) anyway.. excited for you! congrats again!