Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day 3

Saturday we got up worked out and got ready to go to Nauvoo. I was so excited!!! On our way out of Chicago we stopped at the Chicago Illinois Temple. It was very pretty but very different than what I consider a "normal" looking temple. It was made of white and gray marble and in my opinion looked similar to a church building but of course a lot fancier and beautiful!!!


After a 4.5 car ride we got to Nauvoo around dinner time. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! It was very very green with tons of grass and big trees. Here are the pictures and details of what we our first night in Nauvoo. We went to straight to Grandma and Grandpa Haymore's house. It was so good to see them!! Lets be honest I couldn't wait! I really miss them. Having them right up the road from our house all growing up and eating dinner with them every Sunday I couldn't wait for Hugs and Kisses!! When we got there Grandma made us yummy dinner then we headed over to a wonderful night performance.
At the beginning of the performance they asked for all the veterans to stand as they called out the military branch they served in. My Father in law got to join the men on stage when the Air Force was recognized. It was cool to see all the men that served our country as they sang patriotic songs to honor them.
We enjoyed the show "Sunset by the Mississippi" which is but on by all the site missionaries and young missionaries serving in Nauvoo. It was great entertainment!
After "Sunset by the Mississippi" we were lucky to be there when the BYU ballroom dancers were there. Spencer was to excited before the show started but at the end he really enjoyed it. They were awesome!!! They did all different kinds of dancing which we all really loved.
That was our first night in Nauvoo and it was awesome!! I figured I better do more than one day at a time of our trip in order to be done before the next big 4th of July Post!!! We're going to have a party!! Spencer's ENTIRE family is coming over 20 people all in our little house!!

3 comments:

Our Ohana said...

my cousin plays in the band at Nauvoo!!! He's there on a four month mission. I should ask him if he knows your grandparents.

I'm glad you got to go to Nauvoo!!! I love it there!

Flint and Jan said...

Marlee,
Grandma keeps telling me that I need to talk to you before we go to Nauvoo. She LOVED having you there. She told me all about it! We are gonna stay ar Rons house with you and Spencer! Its gonna be fun...oh by the way did anyone tell you, that you guys get to sleep with Arlee to help you get ready for the baby? hahaha just kiddin!

The Seiuli's said...

oh i'm so glad you went there. i went when i was like ten or so and i want to take corey back that way so bad. it is so neat to see how they lived and the old homes that are still there. i love it. i love your pictures that you took. i'm glad you loved it.