
Are they good looking
missionaries or what? I LOVE them so much!! Yep these are my
Grandparents!! We went to there church meeting on Sunday. Let me tell you that is an experience. (a good one) First off in order to get a seat in the chapel you have to be to church no later than 7:10am when church starts at 8:00. We got there at 7:20 and still sat in the overflow seats!!! I've never been to church 40 min early! (keep in mind that they are 2 hrs a head) I was waiting for a church seat at 5:20 am in the morning!! CRAZY!!! It was packed all the way to the back. I could even see the back walls from where I was sitting. That ward is only for
missionaries and families visiting. All the Sister
missionaries sat in the choir seats (filled them up) the Elders passed the sacrament to the people in the chapel and then some of the older
Elders serve the back over flows. Then there was Sunday school. As I sat there listening to the lesson and comments I was amazed to be in a room of such
knowledgeable people. This class was full with only temple workers. Some have served many missions, been mission presidents, stake presidents, temple sealers, Bishops,
etc. The experience that all those men have had serving in the church hit me hard. I was so impressed. Spencer said that in Priesthood when they asked who had read the lesson and everyone except for him had their hand up. You don't see that very often. This is Spencer's Mom (Diana) and Dad (Frank)with us after church.

After church we had dinner with Grandma and Grandpa then headed over to Carthage. It was amazing!! Here are some of my favorite pictures: Spencer and Dad outside the Jail with
Hyrum and Joseph.

This is from inside the Jail. This is the Window that Joseph Smith fell out when he was shot. As we were in this room they played a tape that described what happened that night. What an
incredible Prophet Joseph Smith was!! It was just so neat to be there and feel the special spirit.

Spencer and I sitting in the window seat that Joseph fell out of.

This is the outside shot of the window where he fell.
Obviously it was the top window. (a far drop down)

This is the front of the jail.

After visiting Carthage Jail we headed over to meet up with Grandma and Grandpa for the Sunday fireside. This Sunday it was a Hymn a long. We sang hymn's and listened to the
missionaries sing and the band play. These are some of the Young
Elder's singing an old hymn that is no longer in the hymn book, but I can't remember the name but loved the song.

This was an every night must!! My Grandpa loves the Mississippi River. We "cruised" it
every night enjoying the beauty of it!! Is it pretty or what?? We often times saw
raccoons, ducks, beavers and deer. Its a great way to end a wonderful day.

Sunday was wonderful. The spirit in Nauvoo is like nothing I have ever experienced. Being able to visit and learn so much about the church and hear the testimonies from the Prophets and Missionaries was a testimony builder for me.
2 comments:
so neat!
Wow, that really would be incredible to go to a ward like that! Sounds like the trip was amazing (from you posted so far, can't wait to hear about the rest). And that makes me want to go to Navoo just to see Gma and Gpa, I miss them too! :)
Post a Comment