Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 5

Monday morning we got up and had a yummy breakfast at Grandma and Grandpa's house. After breakfast we went over to the Woman's Garden. It is a beautiful garden with statues of Women all ages. I had seem a lot of pictures of them in different church programs and slide shows but I got to see it in real life. This is the statue of a Mother with her Son, so we took a picture of Spencer with his Mother.
This is a picture of a Mom and Dad with their little girl.
This is the beautiful Mississippi River. It is HUGE!!! I can't imagine having to cross the river carrying loads of stuff or pulling a handcart. I can't imagine the faith that the Pioneer's had. (sorry about the underline, not sure how it happened or how to get it to go away.
This is a big statue in front of the temple of Joseph and Hyrum.
The Beautiful Nauvoo Temple during the day!
This was Joseph Smith's house. The wooden potion was where the Prophet and his family lived. The large white portion was where Joseph Smith's younger brother lived. The small white portion in front was the kitchen where Joseph and Emma did at lot of entertaining.
These are the head stones of Emma Joseph and Hyrum Smith. They were not originally buried here but there bodies were transferred to this spot.
This is called the Mansion house, where Joseph Smith's family moved. It is a big house which was the plan so they could have more room for guests and visitors. This is also the house that Joseph Smith lived in when he was taken away to Carthage and later his viewing was held.


This is in front of the old Cultural Hall. Spencer and I, Mom and Dad Forsberg, and Grandma nd Grandpa. This is where a couple of the plays we went to were held. This particular picture was taken right before the play Just Plain Anna Amanda Show. It was such a cute play put on by all the young missionaries.

Is this a pretty shot of the temple at night. I loved the temple and will tell you all about that in the next post.

1 comment:

Flint and Jan said...

Marlee I love your posts and cant wait to go there in just 5 DAYS!!! I am so EXCITED!