Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 24

What is July 24th? It's Pioneer Day!! You wouldn't know that it was Pioneer day if you live in a town like Sierra Vista. They don't do anything here to celebrate it!!! My Sister, Amanda lives in a fun town called Thatcher that celebrates it every year! We have decided to make it a tradition to go every July 24th. They have lots of activities for all ages, a parade, and fireworks. We had an eventful weekend like this:
I missed pictures of the first half (darn it). Friday night we got there just in time for a late YUMMY dinner and lots of socializing. Saturday morning we got up and had a YUMMY breakfast. Then Justin, Garet, and Spencer all went on a Mountain Bike ride. Spencer said it was beautiful in the Graham Mountains and perfect weather. Us girls stayed stayed home and made pretty little hair bows (for the little girls) and the kids ran wild. We left around lunch and went up to the Mountains to meet with up with the Boys at Angle Orchard. We got lots of Apples, we were hoping for peaches but they weren't ready. After we enjoyed the 24th activities:
Here we are waiting for the parade to start!
The parade was so fun! It's all church related. There are 3 stakes in that area, and each ward in each stake was responsible for a float. Here is one float that I was impressed by. That is what the Gila Valley Temple is going to look like. Is that awesome or what? all the floats were about the temple. It was really cool.


Us at dinner between the Parade and Fireworks. I LOVE the mexician food in Thatcher!!

Here we are at the fireworks! The show was short and simple but fun. We enjoyed getting to see friends we hadn't seen in a long time and being with lots of cousins and family. Thanks for the invite Garet and Amanda!! We had a great time and will be there next year!!!

6 comments:

Our Ohana said...

Oh, I LOVE Pioneer Day in Thatcher! :o( I miss it!

And I'm SO jealous you got to eat @ Casa manana!!! SO yummy!!

Kara said...

SOOO fun! Mayhe we'll head over to Thatcher for pioneer day next year too! ;)

Unknown said...

hey we were totally there all weekend! i am sad i never ran into you. wasn't it so fun? -melissa

Mary Anne said...

so fun! wish i could have gone too! and lucky you...kristen is moving to thatcher and you are all going to play without me :( BUT we are coming down August 22nd to the 29th and I WANT TO SEE YOU GUYS. If you are going out of town then I'm going to cry. seriously.

Jess said...

How fun! We are so sad that we didn't make it.

Garet and Amanda said...

Thanks for the pictures. I was able to transfer them onto my computer! Great way to share photos!!! love ya and glad you came!!! hope you come again sooner then later! love ya!!!